This website, www.independentvoting.org (the Site) is operated by the Committee for a Unified Independent Party, Inc. (CUIP). We work hard to protect your privacy. We treat your privacy as we do our own.
We do not share the information you have given us with unaffiliated groups, except in situations where we are collaborating on a particular campaign to further our goals of empowering independents and improving our democracy. We may share some of your personal information with our state affiliates. This is for the sole purpose of helping expand our work. These groups do not share your personal information or use it for any purpose other than to advance the building of their local organization and promote your participation in the democratic process.
We may also share information with Third-Party Administrators, such as organizations we retain to facilitate large distributions of email messages. The sender of these emails will be identified as CUIP or Independent Voting (IV), and these third parties do not have direct access to your personally identifiable information.
When you sign an online petition, you understand that such petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, any comments, and other information you provided in connection therewith publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the press.
If you choose to make a donation to CUIP/IV, your credit card information will be used only for this transaction through our secure online payment system. CUIP/IV does not transmit credit card information to candidate committees.
In order to learn more about how the Site is used, we aggregate and analyze the data that we collect. We may use this information, for example, to monitor and analyze use of the Site, to increase the Site’s functionality, and to better tailor our content and design to suit our visitors’ needs. We may also use the information we collect to personalize and improve the Site and our users’ experiences on the Site.
Links to Other Websites
Some Terms and Conditions
By accessing or otherwise using this Site, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You may “opt out” of receiving text messages, email updates, and newsletters by following the instructions in those text messages and emails.
- We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, physical, and administrative procedures to help protect information about you from loss, misuse, and alteration. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
- CUIP/IV reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or any portion of the Site at any time with or without notice to you. You agree that CUIP/IV, its subsidiaries, affiliates, content providers, and other related entities shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site.
- CUIP/IV reserves the right to terminate your access to our the Site for any reason, and to take any other actions that CUIP/IV, in its sole discretion, believes to be in the interest of our organization, etiquette, and of our users as a whole. It is our policy, pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), to terminate use of the Site by repeat copyright infringers. You agree that CUIP/IV, its subsidiaries, affiliates, content providers, and other related entities shall not be liable to you or any third party in the event of such termination.
- This Site contains copyrighted material, including, but not limited to, text, photographs, graphics, video, and audio content that are protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries, and we (subject to the rights of our licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings, and arrangements) have all rights therein. All articles, blogs, content, and other elements on the Site are also copyrighted works and we (subject to the rights of our licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and, arrangements) have all rights therein.
- Unless expressly permitted, or as authorized by the principles of “fair use,” you may not copy, reproduce, publish, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of the Site or any content therein. In addition, the files contained on the Site cannot be used to construct any kind of database. CUIP/IV respects the right of others to use materials set forth on this Site consistent with the principles of “fair use.” Content is protected under the Copyright laws of the United States, whether registered or unregistered. Based on this notice of copyright ownership, CUIP/IV reserves the right to deem any and all infringement of protected content on the Site to be an intentional infringement.
- CUIP/IV, its subsidiaries, affiliates, content providers, and other related entities, own all rights to the logos and trademarks used in connection with the Site. All other logos and trademarks that appear on the Site are the property of their respective owners.
- The Site is available “as-is.” CUIP/IV does not warrant that the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free. There may be delays, omissions, interruptions, and inaccuracies in the news, information, or other materials available through our Site. CUIP/IV does not make any representations as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other material or database displayed, uploaded, or distributed on the Site or available through links on the Site. CUIP/IV reserves the right to correct any errors or omissions on the Site.
- Although CUIP/IV has taken and intends to take reasonable steps to prevent the introduction of viruses, worms, “Trojan horses,” malware, malicious software, or other destructive materials to the Site, CUIP/IV does not guarantee or warrant that our Site or materials that may be downloaded from the Site do not contain such destructive features. CUIP is not liable for any damages or harm attributable to such features. If you rely on our Site and any materials available through the Site, you do so solely at your own risk.
- We may share information about you to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety or other rights and interests of any person, violations of the Site’s Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may share information about you to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, judicial proceedings, court orders, legal process, or other law enforcement measures, to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims.
- Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated and/or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
- Legal disputes regarding these terms and conditions and other matters contained herein shall be governed by New York Law.
CUIP/IV may revise or amend this policy at any time at its sole discretion. If we make any substantive changes in the way we collect or use personally identifying information provided by users, we will post a prominent announcement on the Site home page and post the changes on this page. We will never change our policies and practices to make them less protective of user information collected prior to the effective date of any changes without notice. We encourage users to visit this page periodically to review our current policies.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, your personal information, or the practices of this Site, please contact us.